10 Steps to Becoming a Better Meditator
1. Learn the Art of Meditation not from books or just hearsay but by learning it like a course better to learn in person.
2. Think, Contemplate and Practice on the ways Taught
3. Millions of techniques would be there on NET and books, but work on One that you learned, hold on, stay away from enticement of trying another. Keep practicing till you actually realize the meaning of the meditation from within.
4. Never ask for progress of your spiritual practice or your personal progress with every Teacher you find, Discuss only with the one who taught you.
5. Practice Mindfulness and keep the focus on Why You Practice
6. Challenge yourself to extend the breathing area, meditative space over time without changing anything.
7. Keep practicing and Learn deeper aspects about Meditation from the same Teacher, unless you find that the Teacher has found His limits, then also such a Teacher would guide you to One who can take you further up.
8. Start practicing in group, be aware, be attentive and be focused on the changing patterns of energy within you.
9. Learn and Study to progress deeper.
10. Take time out to attend a Meditation Retreat.